Saturday, April 24, 2010

iShineLIVE

Amber and I joined two other mom's with their pre-teen daughters for iShineLIVE at the Mabee Center. We went out for pizza and dessert before heading to the concert. It was soooo cute as this was the first "concert" that many of the kids had ever been to, and you could tell. They hardly knew what to do. I jumped up and was screaming, singing and having a great time and Amber rolled her eyes at me and thought I was crazy. I explained to her, this is how you act at a concert. By the end they were all getting into it a bit more.



iShineLIVE is a high-energy, Biblically-based event geared just for tweens (7-14) The main focus is on finding your identity in Christ. There were several speakers and bands like Jamie Grace, Kylie Jean and Mission Six (the lead singer even walked on the back of the seats and ran though the audience - it was an all boy band), the RubyZ (three girl singers), and one of the featured speakers and singers was Paige Armstrong. She is a young girl who found out at 11 years old that she had cancer. She lost all her hair and was in a wheelchair but she one the battle. Now she sings and one of the key performers for iShineLIVE, which is growing strong and has a show on TV etc. It was a great night! A lot of fun!

No comments: